(Contributed by Nellis Bullseye staff writer.)
Tech. Sgt. Matthew D. Meese
99th Logistics Readiness Squadron
Hometown: Dover, OH
What do you do?
- Supply any type of aircraft with an endless supply of fuel on time, every time.
What do you drive, and how does it match your personality?
- Chevy Astro van. It doesn’t match my personality.
What’s your favorite movie quote?
- It’s not really a quote, but I love the song that Adam Sandler wrote for Linda in The Wedding Singer.
If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
- The ability to fly. Unlimited free travel and no traffic.
If you could be an animal, what animal would you be and why?
- An eagle. I’d have unlimited freedom, and what a great view.
What’s your favorite thing to do in Las Vegas?
- Going to see all of the rock concerts coming here.
What are your favorite pizza toppings?
- Everything except anchovies.
What song do you have on your MP3 player that you wouldn’t want anyone else to know about?
- If I wouldn’t want anyone to know about it, I certainly am not including that answer.
Name one thing your co-workers don’t know about you.
- I have responded to two emergency incidents and have saved three lives.
Who’s the greatest music artist to die too soon?
- Ronnie Van Zant
What is your favorite song to karaoke?
- “Rock Star” – Nickelback
What stresses you out at your job, and how do you relieve stress?
- Low priority tasks that have high priority deadlines. Go to the Strip and make fun of the people.
If you were trapped on a deserted island, what would you bring?
- A yacht.
What is your favorite AF uniform and why?
- I am sure it will be the new ABU … no more dry-cleaning.
If you could appear on any reality TV show, what would it be and why?
- Rockstar Supernova, but auditioning as a drummer instead of a singer.
How do you remember your CAC at the end of the day?
- Good question. I have had someone run my ID card to the gate a few times.
What is your favorite part of your job?
- Rising above things and meeting the unexpected challenges that come up almost daily in a fast paced environment.
What is your favorite vacation spot?
- Alanya, Turkey, so far.
How do you unwind?
- Playing Texas Hold ‘Em, seeing the shows, and hanging out at the clubs and restaurants in town.
How do you spend quality time with friends and family?
- Playing card and board games, or bowling … usually something competitive.
(The Bullseye is published by Aerotech News, a private firm in no way connected with the U.S. Air Force, under exclusive written contract with Nellis Air Force Base, Nev. This civilian enterprise Air Force newspaper is an authorized publication for members of the U.S. military services. Contents of the Bullseye are not necessarily the official views of, or endorsed by, the U.S. Government, the Department of Defense, or the Department of the Air Force.)